Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hello!

I have been super overwhelmed by life lately - mostly struggling with Max's school. Our Waldorf school is such a huge part of our lives that when you start to question it, your foundation feels very unstable. Trying to center myself and come to terms with the realities of what is and is not possible in our school has been hard for me but I think that I am getting there. In meetings I tend to be the one person who is the "hard ass" asking the hard questions, making parents think about what is really going on - I know now that I can only be that way. It is not in my personality to just sit by and watch things happen. As of yesterday I felt more empowered than I have for the past week so HOORAY!
Onto the fun!
We've got lots on or plate today:

Natural egg dyeing
Wet felting easter eggs
Attempt to make some fabric eggs
Pre-Easter food prep
Easter basket assembly!
Maybe even a quick trip to the craft store........

All fun stuff but also time consuming so I'll post more tomorrow about what I've been up to :)

Lovely Things

Bread is a lovely thing to eat -
God bless the barley and the wheat!

A lovely thing to breathe is air -
God bless the sunshine everywhere!

The earth’s a lovely place to know -
God bless the folks that come and go!

Alive’s a lovely thing to be -
Giver of life - we say - bless Thee!
H.M.Sarson
In Abundance and Gratitude
A

3 comments:

  1. GOOD FOR YOU having a voice in your son's school. Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you are having a hard time with the school. I too struggled last year with the private school that my daughter attended. That's why we ended up homeschooling this year. Good luck to you and have a happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, good for you for speaking up and having such an honest voice. more parents ought to be like you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments - that way I know I'm not all alone!

Thanks!