Saturday, January 24, 2009

An Experiment..............

After a meeting at school the other day Max's wonderful handwork teacher unveiled the skeins of wool that she and the children had dyed. The range of colours was amazing. This has inspired Max and I to try our hand at dyeing wool using all natural dyes. I went by the local Indian food store and bought a 7 oz packet of Turmeric (only $1.99, what a steal) and then we went by Dharma Trading Co. and picked up a large 50% Merino 50% Wool skein. I looked up instructions on the net and the pot is almost ready for the wool. I'll let you know how it goes!


Here are some pics of Max and his classmates.




1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am your partner for the save handmade childrens swap. I am excited to be participating in this swap, and I think it is going to be a lot of fun to swap with your little max!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments - that way I know I'm not all alone!

Thanks!