Thursday, March 12, 2009

Craigslist............

Do you know about Craigslist? Have you experienced the wonder that is Craigslist? Have you ever received from the bounty that is Craigslist?

What is Craigslist? Craigslist is an amazing forum to sell things (cars to toasters), look for a job, rent a house/apartment, adopt animals, find friends, look for events/garage sales and EVERYTHING in between. I know that it is bigger in some areas more than anothers but from the list of cities it services from San Francisco to Singapore, to Edinburgh, to Sydney there’s a pretty good chance that you could use it in your area. I know that it is free to list items to sell, I think that they charge to list job openings.

I discovered Craigslist here in the SF Bay Area about six or seven years ago. When we were getting ready for a move I had all of this great baby equipment in excellent condition and I was not sure what to do with it. We did not have any friends with kids so it could not be passed on that way and we knew that more babies would not be entering our fold so holding onto it was not an option. Well, I sold it all on Craigslist. ALL of it within two days and had cash in hand! What you think is junk may very well be a treasure for someone else J

When we decided that our old SUV was no longer what we needed I insisted that we sell it on CL – my husband though that I was crazy and that it would never sell for what I was asking. Wonder of wonders I sold it in less than 24hrs for asking in cash. Yippee!
Have anything to sell? Got a garage full of stuff? Have an extra crockpot from your granny, a giant untouched box of legos? Maybe sell it on CL?

I trawl Craigslist almost once a day – you never know what you’ll find. I am looking to buy a Sizzix machine so right now that’s my new search item. I frequently check the FREE area where people list stuff for FREE. Two of my kitchen chairs were FREE on CL, I think that they were originally from Pottery Barn. I have also bought a brand new trampoline, furniture, antiques this list goes on. Below is my most recent SUPER DUPER find!

13 yards of Amy Butler Midwest Modern fabric bought for only $3 a yard! These are some of my favourite patterns and colours so I am thrilled. I even have some projects in mind for them.



Not only am I finding great deals but I love the idea of recycling things. I get a great deal and the seller gets some cash, easy peasy! I could tell you a million wonderful things acout CL but you just have to see for yourself. So, take a look at Craigslist (after clicking the link look for your city, or one near you on the right hand side) and see what you can find!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments - that way I know I'm not all alone!

Thanks!