Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wee Ones..........

At our last craft circle (which I wrote about last week) we talked about new projects, and skills that we could teach other parents. One skill that I have wanted to work on is the Waldorf Doll Head. My last two attempts were ok but definitely needed fine tuning. So, now that I have practiced building the head I have started to make Lavender Wee Ones. These are the first three that I have finished although I have several bodies and heads pre-made. With allof those bodies and heads on my craft table it looks a bit eery :) For me, attching the head is the hard part, right now they just kind of flop around - any advice on how to remedy that?

These have been a fun new project for me! Their bodies are made of upcycled velour from pants. jackets and dresses (hooray for the 50 cent rack)and stuffed with wool and lavender, the heads are wool, recycled t-shirts and organic outer skin fabric.

Recently I found and bought a Magic Cabin Mermaid Waldorf Doll kit on Craigslist for $5. Once I have assembled my Lavender Wee Ones I think that I will tackle the larger doll.


  1. I've been wanting to try and make these as well, just haven't yet. I most definitly need to! :)

  2. $5. Holy shmoly. That is amazing. The dolls sure are cute. :)

  3. These dolls are so cute. The one time I made a waldorf doll, I cheated and bought the head pre-made from Joy's Waldorf Dolls online. I loved how it turned out.


I love comments - that way I know I'm not all alone!